Rochester man to be sentenced in June for attempted rape, attempted luring

CANANDAIGUA — A Rochester man arrested in December after being accused of attempting to transport a Victor teen to Buffalo for a sexual encounter admitted his guilt in Ontario County Court on Friday.

Sir Jordan Steinfeldt, 27, appeared before Judge Frederick Reed with his attorney Robert Napier and agreed to plead guilty to attempted luring and third-degree attempted rape, both class E felonies. 

Steinfeldt will now be sentenced to one and a third to four years in prison during his reappearance in court in June.

During Friday's appearance, Steinfeldt admitted to the scope of the allegations that came to the surface last December when the mother of a teenager from Victor reached out to members of the Ontario County Sheriff’s Department. 

Deputies said that the woman revealed that her 15-year-old daughter had been receiving inappropriate messages from an unknown man. According to deputies, it appeared the man was attempting to get the girl to meet him at a hotel without the knowledge of her parents. 

The man was later identified as Steinfeldt. 

Ontario County First Assistant District Attorney Jim Ritts said during Friday’s appearance that an investigator took over fielding the messages from Steinfeldt, posing as the 15-year-old girl. The messaging continued this way for several days. 

Arrangements were then made between the police investigator and Steinfeldt to meet at a business on West Main Street in Victor. From there, Steinfeldt's belief was that he would drive the teen to Buffalo, according to deputies. 

Ritts pointed out during Friday’s appearance that it was made clear through the messaging that the gathering was to engage in sexual activity. 

When Steinfeldt arrived at the Victor business, he was taken into custody by deputies. 

Steinfeldt is free on $40,000 bond pending his sentencing at 10 a.m. June 1.